Tuesday, May 7, 2013

American Cancer Society's 8th Annual "Taste of Hope" Event, Honoring Chef Marc Murphy



Chef Marc Murphy of
Benchmarc and Landmarc.
2013 marks the 100th anniversary of the American Cancer Society. Like many of you, I have tragically lost too many friends and relatives to cancer. My family and I still sometimes shed tears when they are not at the holiday dinner table with us 10 or even 20 years later.  The hole that cancer leaves in our lives is never really gone.

Needless to say, I was thrilled to donate my photography services for the American Cancer Society's 8th Annual "Taste of Hope" event, honoring chef Marc Murphy.  It was simply amazing to feel the energy in the room where all were united in the fight to end cancer.  The emcee of the evening was Chris Wragge of CBS News.

Although the cause was a serious one , this was one of the most fun events I have attended in years. The food was never ending, and wine and cocktails seemed to flow nonstop in the three beautiful rooms at the 82Mercer. But what else would one expect when the night is honoring the owner and executive chef of Benchmarc Restaurants and a regular judge on the Food Network's Chopped?

It was a great feeling to meet all the chefs and bakers in person — including Todd English — and shake hands (as well as sample liberally, of course). I left with so many new restaurants to visit for the first time (or return to again), and some fun pictures to share with you.

I'll be sure to make reservations at The Red Rooster in Harlem, and I'll definitely put the Parkway Bakery and Tavern on my list when I'm back down in New Orleans. How amazing that they traveled to NYC for this event!

Thank you to Erica Blum from the American Cancer Society for organizing this amazing event, and a special thank you to the UHY Advisors for connecting me to Taste of Hope for the evening.




Marcus Samuelsson (right) and his fantastic team from Red Rooster.




L to R: Erica Blum, Marc Murphy and friend.




L to R: Chris Wragge, Todd English, Marc Murphy.










No comments:

Post a Comment