Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hello Again Daniel


I've wanted to start a blog for the longest time, and here I finally am. Hello world! I hope to keep this blog updated with some personal images and a variety of photos and notes from my shoots and archiving projects each week. I hope you find it inspirational and helpful too.
I was delighted to get a call from one of my favorite event planners in NYC to shoot a private dinner at Daniel Restaurant on Friday. I had photographed a wedding there last year and it really is one of the finest restaurants in the world. Working behind the scenes there (and even getting to peek inside the kitchen) it is a place that runs like no other...the food, the service, the creativity. And the staff there pulls off every fine detail with elegance and ease. Both events I have been to there look like a ballet in progress when I watch from behind my lens.

Last Friday the event was an after-temple dinner for a young lady having her bat mitzvah the next day. What a gorgeous and warm celebration and wonderful family. The cake was just so amazing to me, so I wanted to share a few images with you too. It was completely handmade and truly unlike any other I have ever seen. Each blade of grass was a fine line of green icing...I could go on and on, but take a look. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment